SAP Admin Daily Monitoring Activities :-
1. Check that all the application servers are up:
- SM51 for SAP Servers
- SM04/AL08 Logon Users
2. Check that daily backup are executed without errors
- DB12 Backup logs: overview
3. SAP standard background jobs are running successfully. Review for cancelled and critical jobs.
- SM37 Background jobs--- Check for successful completion of jobs. Enter * in user-id
field and verify that all critical successful jobs and review any cancelled jobs.
4. Operating system Monitoring
5. Extents monitoring
- DB02 Database monitoring--Check for max-extents reached
6. Check work-processes(started from sm51)
- SM50 Process overview-- All work processes with a running or waiting status.
7. Check system log
- SM21 System log-- Set date and time to before the last log review. Check for errors, warning, security, message-bends, and database events.
8. Review workload statistics
- ST03 Workload analysis of <sid>
- ST02 tune summary instance
9. Look for any failed updates
- SM13 update records
10. Check for old locks
- SM12 lock entry list
11. Check for spool problems
- SP01 spool request screen-- check for spool that are in request for over an hour.
12. Review and resolve dumps
- ST22 ABAP Dump analysis
13. Checking .trc file in SAP trace directory for block corruption on daily basis.
14. Archive backup
- brarchive -f force -cds -c Insert the archive backup tape
15. Review NT system logs for problem
- NT system log- look 4 errors or failures
- NT security log- failed logon 2 sap servers
- NT Application log -look 4 errors or failures