SAP ABAP TECHNICAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS :-
1. General System Information
• How many SAP instances are there (Development, QA, PRD, Training, etc) ?
• What SAP versions are in use for each instance? (e.g. 3.1I etc.)
• What release of SAP Kernel for each instance ?
• What’s the SAP Hot Package level for each instance ?
• What OS (type and version) is employed per instance ?
• What RDBMS (type and version) is employed ?
2. System Architecture
• What is the system landscape currently (including client strategy) ? Please provide a diagram of all systems and clients and transport routes between the different systems.
• Is any hardware available for the upgrade? I.e. to copy the Dev and Production systems or just a copy of Production ?
• Which Add-ons are employed (faxing, printing, ITS, barcoding, taxation, scheduling, etc.) ?
• Responsibility and tools used for SAPGUI rollout ? How many users ?
3. System Administration
• Who is responsible for maintaining Authorizations ?
• Was the Profile Generator used to create and develop the Profiles ?
• Is a Change Management Procedure in place to manage and test transports ?
• Are any other tools other than SAP used to manage transports? If so, please provide details.
4. Backup and Recovery
• Is a tested backup and recovery process in place ?
5. Availability Requirements and business cycles
• What are the availability requirements per instance ?
• What is the longest period of time that the business can operate without the SAP system ?
• When are the peak processing times ?
• When is financial closing ?
6. Application Infrastructure
• How many interfaces are in use ?
• How many modifications were made and complexity ?
• How many user exits were used and complexity ?
• Are any additional languages used ? List if Yes.
• Which SAP modules are used (including Industry solutions) ? Please also provide version information.
• Are any test scripts available ? How current are the test scripts ?