SAP BI QUESTIONS & ANSWERS-9 :-
1) what is the t-code to create INDEX in SAP BI(7.0) ? /How can we create the index in SAP BW/BI ?
A) I am sorry as I am not aware of TCode for Index. But, I can roughly tell how to create Index. Creating Indexing is apart of Performance Issues on Query. As we know thatwhenever we load data to the data target, Primary indexesare created automatically and uses Linear search i.e, searchrecord by record, whereas when we can create SecondaryIndexes, it will follow Binary search and hence the queryperformance improves.
To create a Secondary Index,
1. Select your data target(Infocube or DSO)and select contextmenu and select Manage.
2. Select the Performance tab and select 'Create Index' button.
3. In the new dialog box, Select 'Selection' and then select'Immediate' and click Save.
4. Select 'Start' and click 'Continue'.
Once the Secondary Index is created, a check mark is createdin front of the data target.
B) Index can be created by managing a cube. There are two types of indexes. They are primary index and secondary index.Primary index is automatically created by the system ie system generated index. Secondary index is created by us.
Indexing is a process of storing data according to an index like in a phone book. Secondary indexes are of bit map andbinary tree.
2) how can we enhance the data sources, explain me with example ?
1.find the structure of the data source and goto se11 using append structure add the require fileds to the structure and activate
2.goto rsa6 select ur datasource and click on change icon and unhide the fileds and generate the datasoure.
3. goto tcode cmod create a project and assign RSRA0001
write the require code in the standard Include.
enhancement name is RSAP0001
find the structure of the datasource i.e in rsa5 and goto se11 using append structure add the require fileds to the structure and activategoto rsa6 select ur datasource and click on change icon and unhide the fileds(important)and generate the datasoure.
goto tcode cmod create a project and assign RSAP0001write the require code in the standard Include.
3) Explain about monitering tcodes RSMO RSPC RSPCM and how to work with the DATA LOAD issues ?
RSMO: monitoring the data loads.
RSPC: for creating process chains
RSPCM: monitor daily process chains.
RSPC: using RSPC we can create a process chain to schedule any data load.
RSPCM: After creating the process chain at RSPC level, if u wants to monitor the data load(data failures)we should add that process chain to RSPCM which is used to monitor all the data loads.
RSMO: used to monitor data loads which are scheduled by only process chains.
4) what are the errors in process chain, how can we solve them ?
A) IN log overview we can check what all errors are there and Accordingly handle the errorsThis key figure (0TCTNPRSTER) specifies the number of Processes or process chains that finished with errors. The key figure has the data type DEC (number).
5) What is difference between BI and BO'S with BI ?
A) In BI we are using BEx suite for different reporting requirements but in BO's we have so many components which solves various reporting requirements in terms of more visualization.
Crystal report designer in BO similar to Report designer in BI
Xcelsius similar to WAD,
Bex analyzer similar to Voyager
By using Universe designer we create a universe (similar to Multiprovider) in BO and we can use this universe to create reports. A BI connection is needed to create universe in BO (nothing but source system connection in BI.
6) I want to start a new project with NW BI 7.0. Which frontends do I use ?
• It is generally recommended to evaluate and use the Busines Object premium packages.
• For selected areas, such as web- & Excel based OLAP analysis, it will still be beneficial to leverage BEx Analyzer & BEx Web Analyzer for new projects as they provide superior OLAP features compared to Busines Object Voyager.
• Projects requiring an Excel OLAP Integration should be carried out with BEx Analyzer until Pioneer arrives.
• If you are already experienced with the BEx Web Applications Designer, and want to build heavy weight BI Web applications, you can still do this using BEx Web Application Designer, but please evaluate Visual Composer in NW Composition Environment 7.1.1, as VC/CE tools will be the go-to solutions for design of web-based, composite applications in the future.
7) What is variable exit ? Give me its structure ?
A) SAP provides a variable of type customer exit for BW queries which customer is able to manage its values depends on their business requirements. It is necessary some background in ABAP to start in this area, the proposal of this document is to help on those tasks. It is structured in the following sequence:
Project management of SAP Enhancements
Query BEX Query Designer and Variable Type Customer Exit
Customer Exit and ABAP Code
Test and Debug
8) After starting an InfoPackage, I can't see any job running in SM37. How can this possibly be ?
A) In the source system, the extraction job has the name BI*<request id>. If the DataSource is in SAP ERP, you can check for this job in your ERP system and see what's the status of the extraction. If you're moving data from BW to BW itself (e.g. you're loading data from a DSO to a datamart InfoCube), the extraction job will be running in BW itself.
Once the extraction job has been completed, in the BW system the data update is done through a dialog process, which you can only monitor in SM50. You won't see any jobs in SM37 related to the update.
In the Scheduling tab of an InfoPackage, you can choose between two options:
• Start Data Load Immediately - The request will be created in foreground using dialog process;
• Start Later in Batch - The request will be created using a backgroud job.
However, this only refers to the request creation. Even if you choose the 2nd option, the completion of this job doesn't mean that the load has been completed as well. It just means that the request has been created successfully.
Only when you check the option Request Batch Process Runs Until All Data Has Been Updated in BW this job will be running in SM37 till the upload is complete. Otherwise the only way to monitor your load is SM37 for the extractor job and SM50 for the ETL processing and the update into a data target.
Notice also that the Start Later in Batch setting is hidden if the InfoPackage is used in a process chain. This is because the start of the request is determined by the process chain itself. Therefore, the request is created by the job associated to the process chain's process
9) What is the use of BI accelerator monitor ?
A) The BI accelerator monitor is used for the technical administration and maintenance of the BI accelerator. It provides an overview of the current status of the BI accelerator.
The BI accelerator monitor displays the results of the consistency checks. These checks run periodically on the BI accelerator. If problems occur, the system automatically proposes appropriate actions. These actions involve BI accelerator repair functions which can be used to fix problems.
The detailed BI accelerator monitors offers a detailed, technical overview of the hardware, BI accelerator services, any trace files that exist and the BI accelerator indexes.
10) Why do you go for function module in generic extraction ?
A) If you have to get data from more than 1 table and also incorporate some logic then you would use a fn module extractor. It is like a program where you would code using ABAP and have all your logic incorporated.